Monday, October 13, 2008

God's provision

We had a great weekend. The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! How many times have I said how much I love fall. I LOVE FALL!! David and I drove up to my sister's on Sat. I was hoping to leave a little early and go to Longwood Gardens, but I had too much to do around the house and needed to get it done. Hopefully, we will get there soon while the autumn season is in full bloom. The drive up to Lancaster was delicious! Can I say that?? I was drinking it in and savoring every scene! It will probably only happen once this fall. I wanted to get pumpkins on the way up and then realized that we took the wrong road. My favorite amish pumpkin place is on 896 not 41....guess I will have to find pumpkins somewhere else. This guy just leaves his wagon out by the road, loaded with pumpkins, 75 cents each, leave your money in the box welded to the hay wagon...love it! We celebrated her big 5-0 birthday. We all told funny stories about Melinda and Melinda told funny stories about Melinda...she remembers the stories better than any of us! good times.
I am reminded of God's faithfulness to us. In the midst of turmoil we can rest in Him. His love is everlasting and never changes even when our hearts grow cold. My mom wrote an email about a missionary who was feeling far away from God and God revealed his love to her right where she was at...He didn't make her earn it or get out of the emotional state of mind she was in....He ministered to her right there. I was feeling the same way as that woman yesterday morning, not feeling like going to church, not loving people, not desiring to read His Word or care about the lost. God met me right there in the worship service while we were singing, "Alas, and Did My Saviour Bleed". Who am I that God would demonstrate such extravagant love for me!? Why would God choose this broken vessel to show His love to others when I fail Him so miserably? I need the gospel every day...God continues to show me my pride and selfishness and how He is the one at work in me and through me! It's all Him! His grace is up to the task! After church we had dinner with friends. We weren't planning on doing this but did the spontaneous thing and had so much fun! They also gave us a cooler full of venison! Once again God is faithful to provide for his children. God has used friends, mom, and the local church to show me that He will go to great lengths to warm my heart toward Him. Without Him I am doomed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to write this as a reply to Mom's e-mail, but I'll add it to your comments also.
Her missionary note reminded me of the passage John 13:38 and 14:1 In the same breath Jesus Christ says, "The rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times. Let not your heart be troubled....". He knows we are but clay. We get in our heads we earn points to our credit when we do things we think we are good. If He sees us in Christ then He sees us the same, perfect, all the time, regardless of where on the "roller-coaster" we are at the time. cgp