Wednesday, October 8, 2008

the big 5-0

Wow, another sibling hits the next big decade!!
Happy Birthday Melinda!! I can't wait for the big party on Sat. night. It's all adults ( a rare treat for me)! You know the great thing about getting old is that you just say what you think and you don't care anymore what anything thinks. Of course, Melinda has always done this so not much has changed as she got older! :)
I am so glad we moved up here 8 years ago and have lived fairly close to Melinda and Joel for the last eight years. I didn't really know her until I moved up here because she got married when I was 9 years old. So I have the privilege of sharing most of lifes ups and downs, birthdays, graduations, weddings, etc. with her.
She started practicing being a grandma with my kids, especially Jacob. Jacob loves her. Melinda has been a great source of wisdom and encouragement for me as a mom and wife. I am so thankful that God has caused our paths to cross. It has been so nice to live close to a sibling, especially one who has gone down the path of life a little ways ahead of me and who loves her Heavenly Father. We can't move too far away from each other now because I need her input and wisdom to help me raise Jacob. He is a lot like Sam!
Happy Birthday! I love you, Melinda!

No comments: