Monday, October 6, 2008

commenting...Miriam Cooley

I tried to fix the problem that some of you have had with commenting on my blog. Hopefully, it worked!
We had a busy week last week. I am kind of brain dead right now...
Pray for our friend Aunt Miriam (from SC) who is dying of cancer. I talked to her on Sat. and she sounded good. She said that she is excited to go to heaven. That is good. Pray for her family as well...especially Uncle Eb. We love the whole family. Miriam's birthday is Thurs. We really wish we could go down and see her one more time...it would be fun to surprise her on her birthday! We are praying about it. We have a half day on Wed. at school and no school on Fri. So this would be a good weekend.
Let me tell you what a special person Miriam has been to our family. She loved us from the time we walked into the door of our first church. It was David's first pastorate. We met her and Eb and Edwin, their son right away and then we met their daughter Beth at Christmas when she come home from school. She was going to Covenant Seminary at the time. I hit it off with Beth right away and she became a kindred spirit and a safe person I could talk to about life. I felt kind of alone and odd at times while living in Williston. Beth helped me feel like I wasn't totally losing my mind. Miriam and Eb took care of our kids for David and I to go on dates or overnighters many times. My kids (Katelyn, Mary Ellen and Jonathan) loved Aunt Miriam and Uncle Eb as much as their own grandparents. We had many good conversations about the Bible, life, our struggles and our joys. We watched Miriam and Eb grow spiritually as they listened to every word David preached and soaked in all the good meat of the God's Word. They were so teachable, generous, and faithful. Even since we have moved up here, we have stayed in touch and go see them every Christmas. So we are sad to let go of this dear friend but we know we will see her again...someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about Miriam last night wondering how she was doing. Those Mama/friend people in our lives are so special! I was praying last night she won't have to suffer long. cgp