Wednesday, January 7, 2009

our friend

Aunt Miriam went to be with Jesus. She is no longer struggling with a body that is eaten up with cancer and all its side effects. Praise Jesus! We are going back down to South Carolina, leaving sometime late this afternoon. The funeral is Friday at 2. David is helping with that and Kate and I are singing. We are looking forward to seeing friends and celebrating what Jesus did in Miriam's life...what a dear friend she was to our family. God gave us a really special time with her when we were down there. She had improved and wanted to show me her sewing projects. She sewed 7 Christmas place mats on Christmas Eve! We all sang and prayed together. She told me that she wanted "And Can it Be" sung at her funeral. So I said, "Why don't we sing it together right now." What a sweet time of worship that was; it brings tears to my eyes now! Part of the last verse says, "bold, I approach the eternal throne, and claim the crown, through Christ, my own. Amazing love! How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me?" Amen!

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

Oh, Em, that's so special. Have a safe trip and a really good time. And, enjoy the weather...:)

LeroyLime said...

what a precious memory you have of your dear friend. I will always cherish the last day I spent with Grandma Gardner. We talked, cried and held each other tightly, I miss her dearly but am so thankful that she to is in a better place.