Saturday, January 10, 2009

back again

Home again, home again....
What a quick trip. It feels like a dream. Aunt Miriam's funeral was a sweet worship service. Kate and I sang "The King of Love" (the traditional funeral song in the Calhoun family). My sisters and I have sung that song together many times. It is such a good song and I never get tired of singing it. It was a beautiful day yesterday for Aunt Miriam's funeral, sunny and 60. David did a great job as well...that was a hard funeral to do...Miriam loved David like a son. We will miss her very much. We saw many friends from our first church that we hadn't seen in a loooonnng time. I got to see my friend Jennifer in Aiken for a little bit. We got back home tonight and I sat down, checked my email and found that my Aunt Carolyn went to be with Jesus this morning. I don't think we will be able to go to that funeral...in Minnesota. Our thoughts and prayers are with my mom and her siblings and other family members...we love you.

No comments: