Thursday, January 29, 2009

being mama

The last few days I have got to be just the mama and not teacher. Jacob was sick all night Mon. night into Tues. and then Jonathan started last night. When Jonathan starts to throw up, it comes on him like a vengeance...always has been that way. It always makes me worry a little. We finally got a nice blanket of snow. Jacob looked longingly out the windows on Tues. as it snowed and then as the kids played in it. He wanted to go out, so I let him. Who knows when it will snow again. He only lasted about 10 minutes because he was so weak. Tues. was nice snow to play in. Yesterday was snow mixed with ice and slush...very wet. One of the joys of being home the past couple days was making homemade bread. I keep hearing my mom and sister talk about all the baking they are doing and it just made me so hungry for homemade bread. So I made four beautiful loaves! It is so soft. I think I must have kneaded it b/t 12-15 min. I was having so much fun...like therapy. Mom once told me that is why my Aunt Gladys had such good bread...because she kneaded hers for a long time. Mom was in too much of a hurry to GET IT DONE!
Katelyn has decided to read two books a month outside her school work. She just finished Passion and Purity and now is reading a book by Paul Tripp...can't remember the name. By doing this, it has challenged me to do the same. So I read "Same Kind of Different as Me". Now I am going to finish "Prodigal God" by Tim Keller...one of my favorite authors and preachers. I started it over Christmas and then started and finished a couple of other books that I got for Christmas. PG is an easy read and very, very good.

2 comments:

momofkrit said...

You make staying home sound so fun...I just do laundry and laundry and more laundry when I am home.

sperlonga said...

Yea!! Love to hear from you!! My friend on "Prone to Wander" is also reading that "A Different Kind..." book. I'll have to get that Keller book. I've read A Reason for God twice. Time to pass it on!
Glad you got snow. Sorry about the sick.