Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!




We are back home in our own little nest! We have tons to do before school on Monday, including finding some sort of vehicle that will hold 7 people and their gym bags and backpacks. David is out doing that right now....and he has to preach tomorrow!! I am off to the post office and the grocery store and just thankful to be where God has put me. I had a dream that I lost track of time and realized that I was very late getting to school. I was running through a parking lot trying to get to my car and woke up! yeah, it was a dream! I should take down the Christmas decorations today...I really want to keep them up and enjoy them a little bit longer. I know, most people just want to be done with it by now. I want to hang on to every last minute.
We had so much fun in SC. We had the traditional New Year's dinner at our friend's the Avera's in Beaufort, SC....black eyed peas, collard greens, ribs, pulled pork, butter beans, mashed potatoes. David was a happy man. Actually, we all thoroughly enjoyed it and ate like pigs...now back to reality and eating right!

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

Welcome back, Em! Enjoyed the photos. I found Margaret LaFleur on FB!!! And Kim Brown. M. and I have been IM'ing this morning. :)
I keep my decorations up until Epiphany, the wiseman day. That way it doesn't get over too fast!

LeroyLime said...

What a wonderful family photo, I love it!!! :)