Sunday, July 27, 2008

phillies game


We went to a Phillies game Friday night with our church. We had a great time. I hadn't been to a game in about four years. Our pastor purposefully picked this game because they were playing the Braves, David's team. They are in the same division as the Phillies and he and David are always going back and forth picking on each other. He also picked the Braves because they haven't been doing very well and Tony was pretty confident the Phillies would win. It was 1-0 the whole game, Braves winning, until the 9th inning. The Braves scored 7 runs and ended up winning 8-2! Go Braves!
I had told David that I didn't care if the Braves lost any games the rest of the season, I just really wanted them to win that night. A guy hit a grand slam for the Braves, which was so exciting! I don't think I have ever seen a grand slam live and in person.
Jonathan has been converted to a Phillies fan. This pic is kinda blurry because I was in a hurry. Jacob got his picture taken with Phillie phanatic.

1 comment:

eckman fam said...

Joe and i were at the same game!!! we sat right behind the braves dugout....it was awesome!!! i do secretly like the yankees so i didn't care who won...but it was fun...sorry we missed you!