Thursday, July 31, 2008

wildlife


My sister and I woke up early this morning and went to a wildlife refuge in our area. It was so rewarding! :) We saw lots of cool birds and a fox. She can show you the pictures of the fox. This was one of my favorite pictures of a heron out on the Delaware Bay. This is about 10 min. from my house. Most of the time, you just stay in the car and drive around the wildlife refuge....it's pretty big. You can get out and walk to some lookouts and along some paths if you want to. We found out that this time of year (at least today) the bugs are awful. We couldn't even roll down our windows and listen to birds.
We had a good week together. Her husband was gone this week and so she spent some time with me. She got here Mon. We went to the beach on Tues...it was nice and relaxing.
Wed. Katelyn had an orthodontist appt. up in Exton, PA. It was really quick so we decided to go see Jeannette and family (esp. the new baby). I had never been to J's house. It is about one and a half hours from our house...hardly any stoplights; mostly highway. We got to love on the new grand nephew. He is soooo cute! He smiled and made all his cute little baby noises for us. Jeannette made an awesome taco salad for us (there were six of us)! She just whipped it up in no time...like a pro! She must have had good training! :) So now I know how to get to Jeannette's...yeah. :) okay I better go because I am trying to fix dinner and blog at the same time and it's not working out too well....just burned something.

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

Glad you had fun with M. and Jeannetter. Saw her photos of you all too. Wish I'd get some siblings around here to visit....It's only 2+ hours away....for one of them anyway.