Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kate's day

Kate turned 16 last month and I wanted to have a lunch in honor of her with the women who have been influential in her life. So today was the big day. Mary Ellen did a beautiful job putting together a book with letters from many of these women. Mary Ellen is AMAZING. She had so much fun working on the book. The boys and Daddy were the wonderful servers and they did an amazing job! It was a beautiful time and so sweet. What a priviledge it was for me to bless my daughter and give these wonderful, godly women an opportunity to speak into her life. Those that were able to attend, read their letters to her. One of her friends also wrote her a letter which was a very touching moment. My sister in-law made a very cool slide show with pics of Kate growing up. I absolutely LOVED the song she used. Thanks so much, Kami. David and I just cried and cried when we watched it for the first time. I feel so incredibly blessed by my friends who came today. Most of them had to drive an hour to get here, fighting beach traffic. It was evident that they had put so much thought and effort into the letters that they shared with Kate today. I appreciate each one of them and so thankful our paths have crossed. Each of them has demonstrated God's grace and love to Kate in some way and for that I am so thankful. I pray that this is the beginning of walking together, encouraging, helping, loving, correcting, carrying, lifting up in prayer Katelyn as she grows into womanhood. I have always encouraged my girls to have another woman in their life to talk to besides their mom, who will be encourage and help them in their walk with Christ. I am so thankful for the older women in my life. I appreciate their insight and wisdom. God has demonstrated His love for us in such a powerful way. I pray my daughter will be a vessel to show the love of God to others as she continues to walk with Him and experience His love in her life.

No comments: