Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ups and downs

Which one do you want first? Sometimes you just want a break from being a parent. As they get older, the issues get bigger. Tonight I felt we were dealing with everything from the mundane to the not so mundane....exhausting!!! At the same time, I felt like God was using each situation that David and I dealt with to make us lean on Him more. I really sensed His strength and He was helping me to not get angry but to deal with each situation in the right way...kind of foreign! It was a "wow, that was God not me" kind of thing. God used each experience in parenting tonight to help our kids get a better picture of Him...that was the work of the Holy Spirit. I pray that it will grow their faith and God will use these difficulties to show them more of Himself and His great love for His children, even when we mess up! I am just standing back in amazement of what God is doing in each of my children tonight...it ain't easy, but God is faithful!
Sooo....David and I are getting a little bit of a break this weekend. We have all week next week off of school. Just the two of us are going down to VA, to see our friends and get a little rest and relaxation! We are so ready!
Kate is all done with drivers ed. ! yeah! She got her blue certificate tonight! Now she takes that to the DMV and gets her permit!
Science fair tomorrow...gotta go make a snack for it

No comments: