Tuesday, December 2, 2008

festivities

I am not sure why these are small and the others are bigger. I can't get this formatting thing.



The tree behind us is our tree, not the one in the front. :)

This is the traditional chili supper. We always have chili the day we get our tree and decorate. We started the first year we were married.




Wow, it's been awhile! I took a break from the computer last week. Partly because we had the whole week off of school and because my kids are always sitting here....I had better things to do. I felt like I got a lot done last week, although I didn't get my bathroom painted like I wanted to. I got my haircut on Tues. and visited my friends in Chestertown. I can't wait to get back there before the end of the Christmas season. It was so good to catch up with them and go for a nice brisk walk and talk with Cheryl. We slept in every day, and watched movies just about every night. I have almost all my Christmas decorations up. I have to confess I started the day before Thanksgiving. I didn't want to waste any time and want to enjoy every moment of the season! We try to get the most out of it! I have told you before that I have CDS (Christmas Deprived Syndrome). :) Thanksgiving was spent in Lancaster at my sister's with the nieces, nephews, grandnephews, and significant others! Sam's girlfriend is so fun...loved her! You can tell they have so much fun together!

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

Lovely, lovely lovely! I enjoy seeing all the photos on Fb. Sure can keep up with the Stover doings! :)
Your photos are different probably b/c when you upload there's a box to tick to say what size to put them, as in small, medium and large.

I usually put off decorating as long as possible... But I keep everything up until after January 6th, Epiphany, (at least)

How do you keep your tree from shedding needles? We've never had a live tree, except one year, and it was soo messy and hard to set up that we said never again.