Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas cookies

Jacob working on his cookies



We had so much fun baking on Sat. These our two of our neighborhood friends that come over quite a bit to play. Glenn (on the left) actually lives in Baltimore, but comes to see his grandma on the weekends in our neighborhood. Tristan (on the right)lives across the street. He loves to play football with the boys and is pretty good at it. He is a little guy, but holds his own. I think there was more eating than frosting going on, but that's part of the fun. Glenn thought that we made the gingerbread men brown just for him... He is so funny. He didn't know that gingerbread IS brown. He saw me putting them in the oven, after I made the "white" cookies and said, "You made some black ones?!" I said "Yeah, we did that just for you!" He was touched until I started laughing and explained that they are gingerbread men and gingerbread is brown. We have so much fun when he is around. When he comes over, everyone is happy to see him. It's nice to have neighborhood friends that we enjoy having in our home. We have kind of adopted Glenn. His grandma says he is our stepchild. So that was our Sat. I also made peppermint cheesecake brownies for a party Sat. night. I wasn't too impressed with them. I tried a new recipe.
This is our last week of school. The girls have midterm exams this week and the teachers have to have all our grades in by the end of the week. I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to Christmas break.

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

I loved reading the comments on FB, too! I remember those cookie baking days.....!

LeroyLime said...

too funny...the BEST part is I didn't even know gingerbread was BROWN! :)