Monday, September 29, 2008

the weekend

My Friday was everything I hoped it would be. I cleaned house, did at least 5 loads of laundry, made pumpkin bread, chocolate chip cookies, and dinner. I told my kids "I am just a mommy and wife today!" :) They loved coming home to a nice smelling house. It was a rainy day, but it wasn't very cold. All weekend it was just kind of warm and moist. Sat. we had a 5k first thing in the morning and Kate and I did so much better than the last time. I think we both improved our time by at least a minute and a half. She got second in her age group and I got second in mine too! :) yeah!! Then Sat. afternoon we went to our friend Kyle Martin's spy b-day party! My friend Katie is one of the most creative moms I know. She amazes me! You rock, Katie! You can find her blog at "Life with 4 kids". I so enjoyed chatting with Andrea, Carolyn, and Katie after the party. The party itself was a spy party and it was amazing. (MaryEllen is patiently waiting to get on the computer so I won't go into the details). We got home late that night, but feeling blessed by friends.
I can't wait to get some mums and pumpkins!
I am helping the kids throw a surprise birthday party this weekend for one our high school boys. It was actually Kate's idea. I am so excited for him. His mom told me that it will make his year! He is on my cross country team and is such a hard worker and a GREAT runner! Maybe I will have some fun pictures next week.
quote of the day:
"I am really going to try to be nice now. I am turning over a new tree!"---one of Mary Ellen's classmates said this today.
One more quote of the day:
"When you wake me up in the morning, my body goes into shock!" --our firstborn. She is not a morning person! :)

No comments: