Saturday, August 30, 2008

picnic

We had our annual school picnic today. It was so much fun. It was at a family's home in Chesapeake City, MD...yes, one of my favorite states. It was a beautiful drive over there. There were a lot of people there, but they have a lot of room. We are met a new family that we feel have become our new friends, the Mercers. They live down here near Dover. They own a 34 acre farm out in the country. They used to live in SC and love all the SC stuff that we love...except for the fact that he graduated from Clemson. That is where we will differ as we are USC fans (South Carolina not Southern California) :) If you know anything about Carolina football, then you know that you go for the Gamecocks and whoever is playing Clemson.
We all have survived our first week of school. We are still working out the kinks. Running club starts this week and I am the coach. I am actually pretty excited about this. I love these kids and it is a pleasure to work with them!
I am SO looking forward to fall! I love football, cool weather, sweaters, soups, raking leaves (I'll have to go find some to rake). I love my sister's homemade pumpkin pie, drinking coffee on a cool morning, watching the leaves change, mums on my front porch, decorating my house with fall stuff....it goes on and on. I am going to hold out on pulling out the fall stuff until the first day of fall. Jacob and I used to go get our pumpkins from an Amish guy who just left his wagon full of pumpkins on the side of the road on our way up to Melinda's. He had a box for your money and they were all 75 cents. I guess he just expected everyone to be honest and leave there money in the box. I haven't seen Melinda's house yet, so maybe sometime this fall I will go up and get some pumpkins. Jacob called it "punkin day".

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

You know Linnea is teaching freshman English at USC? She's loving it!

Emily said...

That is so cool!! Does she get football tickets?? David just said to tell you that Linnea has just become his favorite niece! :)