Saturday, August 2, 2008

to teach or not to teach

So I am going to bite the bullet and teach three elementary classes this fall. I am also going to tutor kids who need extra help. Christian school pay isn't that great; so it is a lot of work for a little paycheck. David and I will be working at the same place which saves gas. We will also be on the same schedule as our kids...the advantage of teaching. David is teaching HS classes and is the Dean of Students, student gov't advisor. Now I need to decide if I want to be the running club coach. I am not a runner, but do it occasionally if it is the only way to get exercise. I figure it's better than not exercising at all. The athletic director asked me if I would (you know they must be desperate) and I didn't know what to do. Maybe she found someone else by now...that would be fine by me! I ran 3.4 miles yesterday which I hadn't done in awhile. So today I am sore. There is something about running that works different muscles than an elliptical machine or exercise class. I don't know what it is, but I am always sore after running even though I exercise regularly. Last spring I ran quite a bit with the running club kids and didn't get sore after awhile. I enjoy being with the HS kids and will need that outlet after being with 1st and 2nd graders all afternoon every day. So this year there will be no trips to the beach for David and I after the kids go to school. It was fun while it lasted! Gotta go to the store and clean up a little. We are having some friends over for dinner. The menu: grilled teriyaki chicken, black bean salsa, grilled veggies, maybe some corn on the cob, and she is bringing dessert (peach pie). I'm not exactly sure yet who all is coming, but it will be fun.

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

woohoo, good for you! (Like my rhyme.)Teaching is sooo stimulating. And you are so good with kids. I look forward to hearing how it goes. What a great thing to be where your kids are every day. I LOVED my days there!

momofkrit said...

WOW!!! Well I'm so excited! I'll get to see you every day. :-) Rhia will also be thrilled to have you as her teacher. I know you'll be SO great. What exactly will you be teaching. I assume taking Mrs. DePace's classes.