Tuesday, August 26, 2008

heart attack

Tonight after Mary Ellen's volleyball practice we went to a friend's pool. While we were all sitting around enjoying the company of friends and eating pizza, Jacob comes over and wants me to watch him go off the diving board. Okay, great...no problem. So he walks straight over to the high dive. I said, "Look at that boy. He has no fear. I should have known he would go off the high dive." Then he climbs to the top and I think to myself when he gets to the top and walks out on that board, he might chicken out and go back. OH NO!! not Jacob.....INSTEAD he DIVES head first off the high dive. I of course jumped out of my seat and about had a heart attack. He was fine and didn't know what the big deal was. One of Kate's friends went over and told him not to jump off like that again but go feet first. It took me a few minutes to recover from that one....I wish I had a picture or better yet a video! It was unbelievable. What am I going to do when he is 16 and wants to drive!!! We are in so much trouble.

2 comments:

momofkrit said...

WOW...glad you snuck in another summer moment. I might take my kids to the pool tomorrow afternoon too. Glad he is ok. sign that boy up for skydiving! :-)

sperlonga said...

Go for it, Jacob! He's going to be a fun kid! Why did they not want him to dive?