Sunday, June 7, 2009

Strawberries!


Last Tues. I bribed the kids and told them that if they would come with me to pick strawberries, I would take them to the beach the next day. We picked and picked....8 full buckets. I love the picking part. THEN you get home and have to do something with all those strawberries. The plan was make lots of jam and freeze some. I made 60 jars of jam and NONE of it firmed up like jam...it's all syrupy. It tastes really good on our ice cream, waffles and pancakes. Probably some of you will see it when I come visit you this summer, or if you come visit me! :) I used a different fruit pectin, bought in bulk at the Mennonite/Amish grocery store.
We did have fun at the beach the next day. I was exhausted and fell asleep to the warm breeze and the sound of waves...ahhhhhhhhhh! None of us brought a camera to the beach, so I don't have any pics for you....but I do have a picture of some of the jars of strawberry SYRUP I made.
Come over and have some with me!

2 comments:

Heather D. said...

Where do you go picking?

Heather D. said...

Where do you pick? Is it too late for me to go?