Saturday, June 6, 2009

My sweetness

Today is my sweet Mary Ellen's birthday! Fifteen years ago right now I was getting ready to go the doctor for my weekly checkup and boy was I READY to have that baby! I wasn't getting much sleep and sat in the doctor's office and cried to my doctor. He was such a good, kind and patient doctor. He was a Christian and me and all my friends went to him. Later on that day I found out why I was so uncomfortable. Even though she was 9 days early, Mary Ellen came flying into the world at 9lb and 4 oz!
Mary Ellen has brought us so much joy and laughter with her free spirit! We look back pictures from when she was little and chubby with her pretty blonde curls down in her face and can't help but smile! She was such a funny kid and still is. She is the nurturer...the little mommy. When Jacob was little she would read to him, hold him and kiss him...even at two weeks old. Jacob has always been her little buddy. She loves being with kids and they love her too. It was once said about Mary Ellen that she were a shape she would be a heart (Mrs. McGehee--forgot how to spell it). I wonder how God will use Mary Ellen. She is such a special gift from Him to her family and her friends. We pray that you will always know your great need for the cross and the great love of your Heavenly Father. We love you, Mary Ellen!

No comments: