Thursday, June 5, 2008

conversation

The setting:
The deck of our friends' house in VA...evening after dinner. Jacob and I were sitting on the lounge chairs enjoying the breeze and chatting.
Jacob: I love staring at people.
Mom: I like watching people too. Why do you like staring at people?
Jacob: I just like to stare at cool people.
Mom: Who are the cool people?
Jacob: Oh...like biker guys.
Mom: Am I a cool person.
Jacob: no
Mom: I'm not cool?!
Jacob: No, because you are a girl.
Mom: So girls aren't cool?
Jacob: Well, some girls are cool.
Mom: Are there any cool girls in your class at school?
Jacob: Yeah, there is one...no, two girls in my class.
Mom: who are they?
Jacob: Rhia and Piper
Mom: What about Haley and Mariko?
Jacob (laughing): Oh no way! They aren't cool.
Mom (surprised): Why aren't they cool?
Jacob: because they like make up and all that girl stuff!

Note: I am pretty sure Rhia and Piper like make-up.

This was such a funny conversation. I didn't want to forget it.

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

Oh, that is soooo funny!! Now Jacob is HOW old?? And the girls in his class like makeup and stuff? I'm glad you wrote it down!
My mother/son conversation yesterday BEFORE 8AM ON THE WAY TO WORK was already on politics!!!!

Emily said...

Jacob is 7. Every little girl likes to play with make up.