Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Birthdays and Anniversary

My computer was doing weird things the past few days. I feel out of touch with the world when I can't get on the computer.
We celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary on Monday. My sister and I share the same anniversary and we both married Davids. I was six years after her. I had lost my engagement ring earlier this year. In the winter, it would get so loose on my finger but during summer it was okay. I was running with the high school kids one cold day after school and I think that it is one I lost it. That was the last place I remembered having it on my finger. I didn't realize it was gone until 10 that night. I was sitting on Mary Ellen's bed helping her with something and saw that it was gone. I was so sad. We looked everywhere...even had the kids at school helping me look.
On Monday David proposed to me all over again and gave me a new engagement ring. It was so sweet and I was feeling like I had just got engaged all over again! I was giddy, excited, and couldn't stop staring at it...just like when you first get engaged! He's a keeper.
Yesterday was Kate's 16th birthday. We had a surprise party for her with her friends from school. As we were getting in the car, she trips off the porch, sprains her ankle, scrapes her knee and is in pain! I was thinking "Oh no, now she won't want to go out to dinner!" She thought that we were going out to dinner and I had to drop something off at one of her teacher's house on the way. The party was at her teacher's house. All the kids had hid at the end of her street and as we got out of the car, they came running down the street singing Happy Birthday. It was so fun! She hobbled into the back yard and we had a wonderful evening....didn't get home until 1 AM. So today we are doing nothing, eating leftovers, trying to keep all the kids outside because it is a beautiful day!

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

I thought of you and wished you a happy anniversary on Monday. It's funny how I remember yours and Celeste's because one year we were camping together and Monday was Dave's birthday and Friday was their anniversary. It was freezing cold, rainy and half the kids were sick. What a fun camping trip!!!
I need a new engagement ring, too!

Julie said...

Hi Emily, thanks for the comment on my blog. Happy anniversary - what a terrific husband you have!