Wednesday, October 28, 2009

so many things...

I have a hundred different thoughts that I would like to write about. Some of them I think, "oh dear, better not write about that or some might think I am completely whacky."
I am so excited about Kate's race tomorrow. Actually, I am way more excited than she is! This is it for her, unless by some act of God she decides to run in college. She could do it, but she doesn't think she wants to...which is fine (as Diana would say). This is the league championships and she has a good chance of placing 1st or 2nd. She doesn't think she has a chance at first. Mary Ellen is going to take pictures. We will post those on FB.
Next topic, am I just a paranoid parent or will I ever get used to my daughter driving on these crazy highways by herself! I breathe a sigh of relief when i see her pull in the driveway. You should hear me preach to myself! I am so glad they changed the laws in DE so Mary Ellen has to wait an extra year!
Next....I love those seniors at our school. I got to sub in one of their classes today and they are just the best!!! They totally crack me up! I want to have them all over to my house and just be a fly on the wall and watch them interact with each other.
Next....I love food. I love cooking it, baking it, serving it to my family....it loves me back....nuff said. I think it has become an idol in my life....pretty sure about that.
I just started reading Tim Keller's book Counterfeit Gods....It's awesome.
David preached the best sermon EVER on Sunday. He had me in tears because I saw so much of what God has been doing in his heart over the past couple years as we have been in the "wilderness". I love him so much and God has been working on both of us....He promises to do that and to work in us, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. The gospel just becomes more and more real to us as we struggle through this life.

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

I love listening to our kids and their friends, too. Saturday was so fun. And now friends are married and come over with their baby. How cool is that?
Senior stuff is so fun! Enjoy!
And I totally empathize with the driving. So glad I got through it!!! :)