Sunday, October 25, 2009

a couple months

I knew if I started a facebook my blogging would stop...and it did. David signed me up on FB and since then I just haven't felt like blogging. It's just easier to write a sentence or two on facebook.
Tonight was a beautiful fall night. David and I went for a run which hasn't happened in awhile! The sunset was absolutely glorious and the trees are just as breathtaking!
We are coming to the close of our fall sports. Mary Ellen was playing volleyball. The boys were playing fall baseball with our Little League and Kate was doing cross country. I was helping coach cross country. This is our last week! I am so happy because my schedule has been brutal...another reason why I don't write much. I am pretty much brain dead by the end of each day. I am a little bit sad about cross country being over because this is Kate's senior year and it will be different without having her on the team....my star runner! When she first started, I beat her all the time. Now she beats me all the time! She is waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me! It was a really good sport for her. We have league championships this week and I am pretty sure she will do well, Lord willing.
I am working at the school. I'm usually there all day even though I only work in the afternoons because I have to go up with the kids. David leaves the house around 5 am to go to work with one car and then we leave around 7. Kate drives now, but even if she drove everybody up I wouldn't have a way up there. David and Kate both work at Chick Fil A. It has been a great place for both of them. Kate looooves her job which has been wonderful for a first time job experience. The owner is a really great guy and Chick Fil A is a great company. We always have Sundays off and we treasure that day now more than ever! The end of the day is coming and I have to get ready for my week! That's it for now!

1 comment:

val said...

Reading a blog is so refreshing! Facebook seems so trite, one liners etc. I like staying in touch and everything but I think I like blogs better- you can still post pics etc. I don't think I myself would want to blog, but I enjoy reading others' -like yours. :)