Sunday, October 25, 2009

sad.....but feasting

I was just reading through my summer blogs and now I am sad that I haven't taken the time to do more blogging the past couple months. Oh well....I'm back.
I have been contemplating (while eating my warm apple crisp) about feasting on Jesus. What does that look like practically in my life. My pastor preached on it a few weeks ago and we had a good conversation about it the next day. While he was preaching, I kept thinking of the song that Chris Rice sings called "Come to Jesus". I posted it on my FB that day or the next. Piper talks about how we fill ourselves with the white bread of the world so we aren't hungry when our Father spreads a wonderful feast before us of wonderful, tasty, satisfying food. Jesus wants us to come to the table with nothing but hungry hearts and souls ready to filled by Him. He says to come to him, you who have no money. Come and buy and eat. Sometimes I try to bring things to Him...my good works, performance. So many times my sinful heart wants to be filled with other things (which may not be bad things), but they will never satisfy me. . I find out because I get frustrated, fearful, controlling, prideful, etc....the list goes on and on. Then I come running back to Him and he is always there....ahhhhhh yes once again I find His love to all that I need and want! Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to thy cross I cling!

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

CSLewis's image is that we are content with playing in the mud puddle when we could have a holiday by the sea! How I long to leave the puddle!
And I never saw your link. I'll have to go find it. I love that song.