Wednesday, August 12, 2009

end of summer

I can't believe the end of summer is upon us! Yesterday was my first day back at work. It was good to see some friends. This year I will be part time again,working in the afternoons teaching 1st grade Bible and 2nd grade science and doing some tutoring. David has done some serious job hunting this summer. It seems like every time he gets a job it is through word of mouth...someone we know, knows someone else, etc. Being jobless is a scary time and I feel like it has consumed our lives for the past couple of years even though he had a job teaching last year. By March he knew he didn't have that job anymore. Being jobless takes you to a whole new level of trust. Do I really believe what I say I believe that God will provide, that he loves His children and always has their best in mind; that He will never desert me when I am faithless; that everything he brings into my life is from the loving heart of my Father? So "yes", "yes" and "yes" to all the above. He holds me and my life in his hands and nothing I do can change who I am and nothing can change how my Father feels about me. The things my heavenly Father brings into my life don't always look good and it is hard to understand why certain things happen. But the great thing is I don't have to understand, I just have to trust. I don't have to figure it all out! I just follow. I'm sure I have written about all this before. But I need to preach it to myself over and over.
So a new school year is upon us. School starts Aug.24. Some of my kids are more excited than others. Mary Ellen can't wait to see her friends. This is a big year for Kate, of course. We have been looking at colleges and applying for scholarships. Jonathan moves into the upper school (7-12 grades). So he gets to go on the retreat this year. Jacob is in 2nd grade and gets to have his mom for his science teacher. He actually is pretty excited about that! He has great friends at school and enjoys his class very much. He will have a great teacher this year, Mrs Brunson. I love her. She is so thoughtful and does so many little things to make the kids feel special.
Well on with a new day. Today Mary Ellen has her class party and we are going up Lancaster to my sister, Melinda's to have dinner with them and some friends from Iowa.

No comments: