Monday, February 23, 2009

good quote

I read this on my friend's blog (finding grace), and loved it. I just wanted to share it with you this Monday morning. It is from Paul Tripp's book, "How People Change". I'm going to put it on my mirror...like she did. Thanks, Em.

Each morning that greets me is full of hope

Not because I am successful at what I am doing,

Or because the people near me appreciate me,

Or because circumstances are easy,

But because God is, and He is my Father.

To look at the morning any other way

Is to believe a lie.

To live in hope is to live in truth;

To live in truth is to bring Him glory;

To bring God glory in my daily living

Is the highest form of worship.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Auntie Em,
I just wanted to thank you so much for putting this quote up. It's just what I've needed to hear. I was talking to my roommate a few days ago about how hard it is for me to get up because my work and hard friendships just hit me like a brick wall and I often just want to curl up under the covers again. It's been a struggle to remember that God gives me the strength to get through each day. Thanks again. I love you and miss y'all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
David gave me this address to look you up - what a cool site! Your family looks beautiful. I'm teaching school right now, but I'll write more later. It is neat to hear what the Lord is doing in your life - so glad you all are doing well!!
Billie

momofkrit said...

love it! Thanks