Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Brand New

Hello Everyone! My AMAZING daughter Katelyn has started this up for me, & I'm very eager and excited to begin this blogging adventure. So... What's for dinner? This is the favorite question around my house. My family loves to eat and I love to try new things for them to eat! Most importantly, I pray that everyday we are feasting on the unmeasurable mercies of God which are new every morning. He carries us day by day, moment by moment, always sustaining and upholding us.
This blogging thing is sort of scary to me...I'm not sure why. I guess sometimes I feel like I have something to say and don't know who to say it to. So now I will say it to you....whoever you are. But you know my greatest weakness is that I worry about what others think too much. That has kept me from blogging because it is so public and open to criticism.
I was talking to my sister one day about writing and telling her how much I hated it. My sister was telling me how I should be writing all my wanderings and wonderings...or something like that. I just don't want to have to worry about always being grammatically correct and spelling all my words correctly,etc. So I won't. You will just have to take it for what it is worth.
So this is my little space to write and not worry about all that. I love reading blogs and have thought many times in the last few weeks, "Now if I had a blog, I would write about this." So here it goes. (I am a little intimidated by my sisters and niece who are all so smart).
Speaking of dinner, I better go fix some for the family. Nothing fancy tonight...tuna melts and pear salad.

8 comments:

sperlonga said...

Hey! Welcome to our world. I'm the first to post a comment. Keep clicking on the different buttons and you'll figure out what everything does. Looking forward to reading it and seeing photos! Yeah, another sister!!

sperlonga said...

I love you, Em!! We'll cheer you on!

momofkrit said...

Go Em...I do hope you post what you have for dinner every night as I would love to get ideas from you!!

eckman fam said...

love the blog! you are a pro blogger already!

diber said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogging world. It's addicting. I sort of view it like sitting in a coffee shop chatting with your buds nonchalant to whom might overhear you. :D

K said...

::waving from Omaha!:: Hi Rachael's sister! My family is always asking the same question... I'm excited to get some good ideas.
Blessings!

Unknown said...

Hi my dear sister Emily, What a fun thing to do! Dinner tonight for us asparagus pizza and quail salad sovana style-yumm! work day for me, we'll talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Well. maybe I can make myself look smart, but I am not that smart and my kid helped me start my blog, too! I like asking "What's for dinner?" when I come to your house, too!