Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

10 years ago today. We all remember where we were and what we were doing and how we felt when saw our country come under attack. It was scary. I was sitting in my living room doing math with my two older children...homeschooling. My next door neighbor came over and told me to pray,pray pray! I turned on the TV and watched the horror with the rest of the country. Today while I was on facebook, by the providence of God, I noticed my status one year ago today and thought it is so appropriate and such a good reminder.
Life is not just a straight line leading from one blessing to the next and then ...finally to heaven. Life is winding and troubled road. Switchback after switchback...and God is not showing up after the trouble and cleaning it up. He is plotting the course and managing the troubles with far-reaching purposes for our good and for the glory of Jesus Christ. --John Piper

No comments: