Tuesday, December 15, 2009

didn't know that would happen

Yesterday when we got home, there was a letter in the mail from Cedarville University. We visited the campus a few weeks ago to see if that is somewhere Kate would want to attend. She loved it. We met some really great people while we were there. She had applied before we visited, but wanted to visit to get a feel for the campus atmosphere. So we have been waiting to hear from them. She had to work last night and didn't get home until 10:45. We held the envelope up to the light and all the usual attempts to see what it said without opening it. Mary Ellen called her to tell her the letter was waiting for her and poor Kate could hardly concentrate all evening at work. I went to bed but woke up when I heard her run into the house, plop all her stuff down, tear into the envelope, and started sobbing...yes we are a little emotional in our home. I thought, "oh no!" Kate came up and showed me the letter. It was a "Congratulations! You have been accepted for the fall semester of 2010." I just couldn't believe that my little girl's name was on that letter with those words. Wasn't that just yesterday that I got that letter?? Now my daughter is spreading her wings and getting ready to fly! I just looked at it and read it over and over. Tears came...I had such a mixture of emotions. I am so proud of her and all her accomplishments. I am so happy for her to have more opportunities to learn and grow. If she chooses to go to CU, I will be happy. (she has applied to three other schools). I will miss her so much when that time comes. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about all the things going on in my life and the changes we face as a family. I was wondering what it will be like for us next year without her around and what it will be like to go visit....all kinds of thoughts. I finally fell asleep around midnight...happy, thankful, knowing and trusting my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Heather D. said...

I'm excited for ya'll! This will be us next year.

Anonymous said...

I know what you are going through! They are delighted, you are delighted for them, and DYING INSIDE!!!
Celeste