Monday, November 9, 2009

opening day and other things

I really need to post some pictures on here. The new Chick Fil A store opened this past Thurs. It's in the mall (about 2 minutes from our school). David is one of the managers there and one of our students is working there too. We are getting to know all the Chick Fil A people around here and enjoy them so much. I told David I feel like having them all over for dinner and get to know them better. Kate and David work with some really wonderful people. I'm sure they are kinda sick of seeing us hanging around all the time.
Saturday Mary Ellen, Jonathan, Jacob and I went up to Newtown Square, PA to see our friend Nathan Taylor in his middle school play. He was Smee in Peter Pan and did such a great job! He is such a great kid...love him! He and Jonathan have been friends for awhile. We stayed with him for two weeks while his parents went away on their 25th anniv. trip. He got to find out what it is like to have a little brother and big sisters to pester! :)
Sunday we were back up to PA for church. We made a whole day of it. Left the house at 7AM and got back at 7pm. We had a baptism service in the morning and an ordination service in the afternoon. Our friend, Peter Doerfler was ordained into the PCA. Both services were absolutely wonderful. God once again reminded my weary soul that it is ALL him. His gentle proddings of grace and love warmed my heart as we sang and heard the stories of God drawing His children to himself. One young man said, "It was like I was wandering around not knowing what direction to go and God just reached down and took my hand and said, 'This is way to go. Come with me." I thought that was so beautiful because isn't that how it is with all of us? God reaches down and rescues us from ourselves, takes us by the hand, shows us the path of life, and walks with us.

No comments: