Thursday, May 27, 2010

it's here


The time has come....my oldest daughter is graduating. I remember when I was a young mom and this same child would not let me out of her sight, even to walk to the mail box. It was driving me crazy! I was talking to some older ladies in our church at the time and they said, "This time goes by so fast." I responded, "Everybody says that and I don't believe it." :) Of course, those wise women were right. I look back at that time and it seems like it was such a short time. What a wonderful, beautiful young woman she has grown to be! I love listening to her sing and speak...she does both so well! Last week she presented her Senior Thesis on prostitution and how the gospel is the only true way out. It was absolutely amazing! She is a very good public speaker and draws you in as she speaks. It was a 23 minute speech and then judges asked her questions afterwards. I wish I would have recorded it. As her mom, I know that their are some things that only the Holy Spirit can teach her. I can teach her how to do laundry, cook, ride a bike, keep a budget, etc. But only the gospel of his amazing grace can set her heart free to worship and enjoy Him forever.
Kate, I pray that the Father binds your heart to His and that you always have a song in your heart because of what He has done for you. DANCE FOR JESUS!! :)

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

Lovely, Em. It DID go by fast, didn't it? There will be many more special times together, but in the midst of rejoicing, there is the letting go. I just keep remembering that my mom did it, and here I am! :)